Forum Egypt

Forum degli Stranieri in Egypt: Poni delle domande e partecipa a discussioni riguardanti la vita all'estero

Cerca in questo sito

Guida dell'Utente  -  Aiuto  -  Termini e Condizioni d'uso del sito  -  Policy sulla Privacy

✎ EN Planning a Trip to Egypt Before Year End! Need Suggestions!

Discussione in 'Egypt' iniziata da MoonlitSoul$, 18 Luglio 2024.

1. MoonlitSoul$

MoonlitSoul$ Active Member
    Networker

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:
    Città:
    Global
    Paese:
    Filippine
    Nazionalità:
    Australiano (AU)
    Lingua:
    English, Spanish and Tagalog
    Hey everyone!

In the upcoming months, I have plans to visit Egypt for the first time. This trip is because of a friend, and I desire to learn more about their culture.

Please tell me about local places that are not typically on the tourist path. Also, I am yearning for suggestions regarding cuisine from here; what are some must-try dishes or less known but interesting restaurants?

Any thoughts about what is considered normal or polite in the culture would be great as well. When is the most suitable time to visit in terms of weather? And please give any useful suggestions on traveling arrangements or safety recommendations for someone like me who will be visiting for the initial time. Thanks a bunch!

2. yourstyles

yourstyles Member

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:
    Città:
    Sydney
    Paese:
    Australia
    Nazionalità:
    Americano (US)
    Lingua:
    English
    H

Hello! I've been into Egypt and it was an amazing experienced! are you travelling to Egypt alone? and how long will you be there for?

For places less touristy, I recommend checking out some smaller mosques in Cairo like Sayyida Zaynab Mosque or Ibn Tulun Mosque. You can also walk around the neighborhood of Al Azhar Park to experience local daily life. In Luxor, visit around the Winter Palace hotel or take a stroll along the Nile cornice in the evenings. As for food, you must try kushari (pasta and rice dish), fuul (fava bean stew), and molokheyya (leafy green soup). Some good local restaurants are At Tayeb in downtown Cairo and Felfela Restaurant in Luxor. Both serve authentic Egyptian cuisine. But since it's your firs time visiting there, t I suggest you to contact a local guide because it's less stress and more safer for first timer.

3. MoonlitSoul$

Networker

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:
    Città:
    Global
    Paese:
    Filippine
    Nazionalità:
    Australiano (AU)
    Lingua:
    Thank you for the suggestions Sayyida Zaynab Mosque and Ibn Tulun Mosque seem wonderful, and I look forward to tasting kushari and fuul. At Tayeb and Felfela are also on my list! Do you have any recommendations for a good local guide? Thanks for the help!

A yourstyles piace questo elemento.
  4. yourstyles

yourstyles Member

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:
    Città:
    Sydney
    Paese:
    Australia
    Nazionalità:
    Americano (US)
    Lingua:
    English
    You're welcome.. Yes kushari and fuul are a must food you should try!!! :) I still remember I hired my local guide from here https://gowithguide.com/Egypt the name is Go With Guide they offer customized itinerary and they were so good during my trip. I hope this helps and have fun with your trip!

5. MoonlitSoul$

Networker

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:
    Città:
    Global
    Paese:
    Filippine
    Nazionalità:
    Australiano (AU)
    Lingua:
    Thank you! I hear many good things about kushari and fuul, so they are on my list for sure. Thank you for telling me about the guide service—I will take a look at Go With Guide. It's nice to know they made your trip fun. Thanks again for your help, and I am excited to see everything that Cairo has!

Sto caricando...
Argomenti simili Forum Data
☛ EN Advice Planning Your Move to Egypt Egypt 25 Giugno 2013

Condividi questa Pagina