Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN What are my options?

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by 2l84aa, Oct 13, 2017.

1. 2l84aa

2l84aa New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    Portuguese (PT)
    Languages:
    English, Portuguese, Spanish
    Hi

I am Portuguese, living in the UK since February 2016. Employed Full-time, make around 36k before taxes.

I am living with my Taiwanese girlfriend since September 2017. She has a student visa ending in September 2018. She came to the UK in February 2016.

From what I could gather I am a person with settled status as a EU national.

I can't apply for an Unmarried Partner visa because you need to show that you have been living with your partner for at least two years in a relationship similar to marriage. You will need to provide documentary evidence confirming this.

What are my options?

Thanks
    A

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello,
    I am afraid I cannot see many options. We are now in October 2017 and it means that you've been living together for a little bit than 1 month, so it cannot count for immigration purposes.
    Therefore it is solely your GF responsibility to find an option. It could be for example to renew her student visa for example?

Best of luck and see you soon on the forum :wave:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...