Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Visa, living and work permit in Poland

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by vipservice, Mar 25, 2009.

1. vipservice

vipservice Member

City:
    Warsaw -Poland
    Hi,

If you are coming to Poland and do you need any advice on visa, work permit and residence permit do not hesitate to ask :)
    I'll be glad to help you.
    Mariusz

2. Marek

Marek New Member

City:
    Philippines
    hi there...

if im going to apply for a polish visa do i have to apply it personally at any polish embassy?? coz im living in the philippines and the nearest embassy of poland from my country is in thailand though we have a consulate here (which is far from my city) i dont think they can process visa applications.

do you know if after i gather all the needed requirements for visa application would my application be entertained if i will just send my documents to thailand? including the payments etc etc and everyting else that is needed or do i really have to go to thailand to apply in person?

wish you can help me with this..

thanks alot

3. vipservice

vipservice Member

City:
    Warsaw -Poland
    Hi,
    Unfortunately I have bed news for you :
    Due to the Polish and Schengen regulations it is obligatory to apply for the visa personally in the Embassy of Poland in Bangkok. The above mentioned requirement refers to the citizens of all countries.
    The visa process takes at least 21 working days and may be extended.
    "Express service" is not available.
    Visa application will not be processed if the applicant fails to present all the required documents. The Embassy of the Republic of Poland reserves the right to return incomplete documentation at applicant's own risk and cost.
    In every case we reserve the right to ask for additional documentation or interview with the applicant.
    Obtaining a Polish visa does not guarantee entering the territory of Poland. The final decision is always taken by Polish Border Guard.

4. punjab000

punjab000 Member

City:
    Poland
    hi there

hi there
    i am married with polish citizen from 1 and half years and we are living together in Uk and i have Polish residense card for 2 years but i want to know is this possible to have polish passport in future or now ?

thanx
    waiting for your answer
    punab000

5. vipservice

vipservice Member

City:
    Warsaw -Poland
    Hi,
    We must know what is your nationality.
    To have a Polish passport you must first obtain Polisgh citizenship.
    You have to live in Poland minimum 5 years. And there also other restrictions.

vip-service@vip-service.com.pl

6. samthevampire

samthevampire New Member

I am coming to Poland...

And I've been looking online to see what I can find about getting a work permit. I've searched google for things like "polish work permit" and come up with a lot of sites that have more or less specific information (either forums or general information pages) but I can't seem to figure out where you go to get the actual documents, rules and regulations, and all of that.

Shouldn't there be an official Polish site somewhere that lays down the law and directs you to the appropriate forms? I've looked at US Embassy and Consulate sites, but they seem to have no more information than the others. (I'm from/in the US, by the way).

I realize that the prospective employer has to submit the promissory application, but at least I should be able to get a residency application for myself? Further, I am going to teach English, and I read on one site that teachers can or do form their own companies and work as contractors. Is there any more information about how to do that out there?

I'm afraid that I might be missing some obvious central source of information - in fact I hope that's the case, because I feel rather adrift right now and would very much like if not a port, then at least an anchor.

Thanks in advance for whatever advice you can give me. I suppose I should submit these queries elsewhere, but so far you're the only person who's explicitly asked for any questions.

Cheers,

Kevin

7. vipservice

vipservice Member

City:
    Warsaw -Poland
    Hi,

You can have a look in our site
    www.cudzoziemiec.eu
    Anyway, if you want to start working immediately upon arrival you'll need a visa with work permit. Otherwise you'll have to apply for residence permit in Poland and it will take 45 days and you can legally start to work.
    You need from your future employer a statement of will to employ you.
    Regards
    Mariusz

8. samthevampire

samthevampire New Member

Hmm, well, thanks for that. I will check out your website.

9. fiddero

fiddero New Member

City:
    casa
    Living In:
    Morocco
    Nationality:
    Moroccan (MA)
    Languages:
    english french
    Hello Mariusz,

I'm coming to Poland next month. Please can you give informations because no one can helpme about this, i'm moroccan nationality and a company accepted me to join them so they sent me A work permit + contract and hotel reservation.
    I submitted a visa application but i'm so worry. Do they can refuse my application of visa even i get a work permit from this company?!
    I gave them all document required from my part.

Thank you in advance, I just hope everything go alright, it's my chance and opportunity to have a work in this beautiful country.

kind regards

M

10. eaiw

eaiw New Member

Nationality:
    Polish (PL)
    Languages:
    english, polski
    Hi Mariusz,
    I was born in Poland and moved to the US about 15 years ago. I am currently a U.S Citizen and resident. I wanted to apply for a 3-month summer job with a global company in Poland and I wanted to know if I am eligible to work in Poland. In the application they ask me to chose one of the following options:
    1. Yes, I am currently an EU country resident.
    2. Yes, I have a work permit.
    3. No

Since I think in Poland I am considered having polish citizenship, I was wondering if that gives me the right to work there without having to apply for one. I would greatly appreciate your answers. Thank you.

11. JackDev

JackDev New Member

Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi,

My Name is Jack, I'm an English 19 year old. I have just finished my first year in University and I want to take a year out from education and work. My girlfriend is Polish and I want to live with her for the next year or so. I've done some research and from what I can see, to be able to live in poland i HAVE to work. Is it possible for me to live in Poland WITHOUT working? How does this affect which Visa I need ect?

Thanks!

12. Razi82

Razi82 New Member

City:
    wroclaw
    Living In:
    Poland
    Nationality:
    Pakistani (PK)
    Languages:
    English ,,Polski
    I am from Pakistan i came in Poland few months ago on Visit Visa after i was not able to keep my legal status is there any possibility to apply for Karta pobytu ,if some body advice me how can do if is possible ,,,Thank you!!

13. krat_88

krat_88 New Member

Living In:
    India
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    English, Hindi
    Hi,

I'm from India and my company is sponsoring my relocation from India branch to Poland branch. I have few questions on this -

1. How long does it generally takes to acquire work permit and visa for Poland? My company says it takes more.
    2. If I come down on short term Schengen Visa and then apply for work permit from Poland itself, is there any possibility of this option. Business visa lasts only for max 3 months, so it is possible to have work permit and visa within this duration?

Thanks