Foro United Kingdom

Foros de la expatriación en United Kingdom: Haz preguntas y participa en las discusiones de los expatriados.

Busque el Web Site entero

Carta usuario  -  Ayuda  -  Términos y reglas  -  Política de privacidad

⌸ EN Magazine The Cost of Studying in the UK post-Brexit

Tema en 'United Kingdom' comenzado por KashGo, 14 de Mayo de 2021.

1. KashGo

KashGo Addicted member
    Editor

Se incorporó:
    10 de Octubre de 2020
    Me gusta recibidos:
    Género:
    Mujer
    Ciudad:
    Manama
    País:
    Bahrein
    Nacionalidad:
    Sudafricano (ZA)
    Idioma:
    English, Afrikaans
    Brexit has touched many aspects of life for both UK and EU citizens. The UK government has formally established that students from the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and Swiss students will no longer be eligible for “home fee status” from the autumn term of 2021. These students also no longer qualify for any undergraduate, postgraduate, or advanced learner support from Student Finance England from the start of the academic year 2021/22.

Our article: Hike in tuition fees for EU students in the UK post-Brexit
    Are you concerned with the tuition fee increase? Or have you decided to change you plans and avoid studying in the UK?

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Miembro del Equipo Editor

Se incorporó:
    5 de Octubre de 2012
    Me gusta recibidos:
    Género:
    Hombre
    Ciudad:
    London
    País:
    Reino Unido
    Nacionalidad:
    Francés (FR)
    Idioma:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    There is a powerful criticism in an article published about the Russell Group, a self-selected association of 24 British universities. It says:
    This is a shocking comment, explaining that some Universities focus more on ranking high in research (which is a premium factor in the Shanghai ranking) rather that on their students. It says:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Haz clic para expandir...
    A KashGo le gusta esto.
  3. Jamie Ray

Jamie Ray Member

Se incorporó:
    29 de Octubre de 2020
    Me gusta recibidos:
    Género:
    Hombre
    Ciudad:
    London
    País:
    Reino Unido
    Nacionalidad:
    Americano (US)
    Idioma:
    English
    Very good article.
    I think that the increase in tuition fees will probably not affect Oxford and Cambridge universities: it won't detract "wealthy" students and in any case, EU students will be replaced by more Chinese or US students (as tuitions fees are sky high in the US anyway!). However I bet that all the other universities will suffer and it will be devastating. I wouldn't be surprise to see them losing 80% of their international students.
    While Bristol or Cardiff, for instance, could have attracted EU students wanting to do a year or more in the UK, the UK has also withdrawn from Erasmus...
    The way Brexit has been (and is being, as this is an ongoing process) conducted by the UK government will prove to be a disaster in history books...

Cargando...