Forum Chile

Forum of expats in Chile: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Starting and doing Business in Chile

Discussion in 'Chile' started by texkourgan, Jul 15, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello!

Have you contemplated doing business or are you a business owner in Chile?

Are foreign investors welcome? How hard is it to register and manage a company? What is the procedure to get started? Is it easy to recruit? What are the corporate tax rates in Chile?

What advice would you give to other prospective business owners? What do you wish you had known before opening a business in Chile? :confused:

Thank you very much for your participation! Your advice can help other members get started.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Malexi

Malexi New Member

City:
    Santiago
    Living In:
    Chile
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, a little Spanish
    Small business for sale in Las Condes

Opened in January 2012, the business was set up specifically to help expats living in Chile find workers for their homes. However, due to our excellent reputation and high level of customer service, our Chilean client base is starting to expand. The business is not reaching its full potential as personal circumstances have restricted the hours I am able to work and therefore, the amount of work I am able to complete. Someone who can commit full time will very quickly see the growth and the profit from this great little business. No specific experience is required to run this business, just good customer service skills. Although Spanish is not essential it would be extremely beneficial. I have a bilingual office assistant, who has been with me since we opened; all our customers since April 2012 have contacted us because of recommendations from other clients. The website in English and Spanish has recently been renewed, along with the domain name, and expires in 2015. We have a company logo set for business cards, advertising and stationery. A furnished rented office within walking distance of the metro station and a database of candidates built up over 2yrs. Based on what we have learnt over the last couple of years, we also have very good ideas for additional services useful to both the expat and Chilean community.
    If you are genuinely interested please contact me by email only: msanderson@homeangels.cl for more information.
    www.homeangels.cl