Forum Canada

Forum of expats in Canada: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Starting and doing Business in Canada

Discussion in 'Canada' started by texkourgan, Jun 20, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello!

Have you contemplated doing business or are you a business owner in Canada?

Are foreign investors welcome? How hard is it to register and manage a company? What is the procedure to get started? Is it easy to recruit? What are the corporate tax rates in Canada?

What advice would you give to other prospective business owners? What do you wish you had known before opening a business in Canada?

Thank you very much for your participation! Your advice can help other members get started.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. robertk

robertk New Member

City:
    Toronto
    Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    English
    To start a business firm

I am new here in Canada. I would like to start a business here. Last day I read a blog related to this (https://www.ontariobusinesscentral.ca/b ... s-ontario/). It describes the formalities that required for a Canadian non-resident to start a business firm in Canada. I am a German citizen. I have my friends here in Canada. How about making a partnership with them to start a business? I think that would be better to avoid several problems. What is your opinion about this?

3. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello Robertk. I have merged your post within our topic on starting a business in Canada.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...