Forum Netherlands

Forum of expats in the Netherlands: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Shopping in the Netherlands

Discussion in 'Netherlands' started by texkourgan, Jun 25, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome to EasyExpat.com!

Shopping is an Olympic sport for some people, while others just need tips on where to find common goods in the Netherlands . Do you like to shop? What is your favorite part of shopping in the Netherlands ? What is the worst part? Where are your favorite shopping malls or boutiques?

What should new expats know about finding products in the Netherlands ? What did you find confusing to find when you moved aboard? Is there a special item you are still looking for?

Where is the best place to shop for groceries? Do you shop online or ship items from abroad?

Thank you for sharing your experience! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lorrainewinters

lorrainewinters New Member

City:
    Oud Zuid
    Living In:
    Netherlands
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi texkourgan,

This is a very important subject and I'm glad you've brought it up! :D

I'm disappointed there's been no comments as I've been wanting to order items from abroad and have them shipped here for quite some time now. I've been hesitant to 'take the plunge' until I know more about the postage costs and the quality of service...

If anyone viewing this has any experience in this and doesn't mind sharing, I would be eternally grateful! :)

3. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hi lorrainewinters & thanks for your input. I am actually a moderator for the forum and we hoped this prompt would encourage people to share their experience. Unfortunately, we haven't had a response so far, but I encourage you to share your experience in the Netherlands forum to help out your fellow expats.

As far as the question of shopping in the Netherlands, I would point you to the Guide to Amsterdam with information on Shopping in the Netherlands.

For shipping goods in, you may try contacting other expats in the Netherlands (or Brits in the Netherlands). Expat bloggers in the Netherlands are another great resource and they may have already written about this. I would also recommend our services site, Expat-Quotes, with some options for shipping goods to the Netherlands.

And one last thing just out of curiosity - what are you looking for? I always think it's interesting hearing what people can and can't abroad, like in our article "Expats - What's in your Fridge?". Best of luck! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...