Forum Beijing

Forum of expats in Beijing: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Shopping in Beijing

Discussion in 'Beijing' started by texkourgan, Aug 28, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome EasyExpat.com!

Shopping is an Olympic sport for some people, while others just need tips on where to find common goods in Beijing. Do you like to shop? What is your favourite part of shopping? What is the worst part?

What did you find confusing to find when you moved aboard? Is there a special item you are still looking for? Do you shop online or ship items from abroad? What should new expats know about finding product in Beijing? Do you have tips or favorite stores?

Where is the best place to shop for groceries? Where are your favorite shopping malls or boutiques?

Thank you for sharing your experience and providing information for others to follow in your footsteps!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jerrysherry

jerrysherry New Member

Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English
    Where can i find amazing furniture at beijing

i also just move to beijing. i also want to buy furniture for my new house. my friends recommend me to buy online store. After my searching the internet, i find the online store - http://www.melodyhome.com/, where offer discount but also quality furniture. but i still want to buy at local stores in beijing. where can i find amazing furniture at beijing? thanks

3. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    A great place to start is the Guide to Beijing including the section on shopping in Beijing including Shopping Districts:

Nanluoguoxiang in Dongcheng District
    Qianmen Dajie Pedestrian Street
    Dashilan and Liulichang in Xuanwu District
    Wangfujing and The Malls at Oriental Plaza in Dongcheng District
    Xidan in Xicheng District

You can also chat with other expats through the expat network in Beijing. Anyone have suggestions for furniture?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RunLolaRun

RunLolaRun New Member

Living In:
    Hong Kong
    Nationality:
    German (DE)
    Languages:
    Deutsch, English, Mandarin
    I really like Panjiayuan, the fleamarket close to Shuangjing. A lot of old stuff (well, mainly fake old, but still looks nice) being sold there, and a very fun atmosphere.
    No good restaurants in the area though, so dont eat around there. It is very close the the glasses market as well.