Forum Bulgaria

Forum of expats in Bulgaria: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Setting-up Internet in Bulgaria

Discussion in 'Bulgaria' started by texkourgan, Jun 28, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome EasyExpat.com!

Is internet access widely available in Bulgaria? Are there any restrictions?

How can you set-up service at home? What speeds are available? What companies are the major providers and what do you recommend? What kind of offers should you look for? What is the basic price per month?

Are there free Wifi access points in Bulgaria? Is the Internet available at Internet cafes, libraries, or other shops?

Thank you in advance for your answers and opinions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. thomasmoore

thomasmoore New Member

City:
    hua hin
    Living In:
    Thailand
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    english
    Internet test please!

hi,

I am planning to relocate to Bulgaria next year. I teach English online, and need to have a good internet connection to the company I work for in Taiwan. I know that Bulgaria is in the world top 10 for internet (wow!!) but I want to make 100% sure before I commit to the move; I can't find any other way to test the connection, so was hoping someone living in Bulgaria would do it for me?

the first part is the most important and will take you literally about 2 minutes; if you could go to this site using internet explorer:

http://helper.tutorabc.com/BandwidthTes ... etect.html

click "speed test"

then click "copy" and then you can right click and paste the results on here. if you could include where you are in Bulgaria and what your Internet package is, that would be ideal.
    it really must be in internet explorer, results from other browsers are meaningless.

thank you so so much if you do this!

tom

3. ukinbg

ukinbg New Member

City:
    Veliko Tarnovo
    Living In:
    Bulgaria
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Bulgarian
    Re: Internet test please!

Download=>2181.01kbps
    Upload=>1600000.00kbps
    Download=>2188.00kbps
    Upload=>Infinitykbps
    Download=>2183.34kbps
    Upload=>Infinitykbps

There you go my friend. I am in Veliko Tarnovo and currently use cable internet with Blizo. Cable internet in the cities here is excellent probably because of the low population and high bandwidth. Out in the villages the results will be much lower as they usually only can use DSL, G3 or Satellite internet.

Hope this helps out.

Let me know if you need any other assistance.

Regards,

Ray (ukinbg@abv.bg)

4. MaichoKellan

MaichoKellan New Member

Living In:
    Australia
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    english
    Hi.

If you are having problem with the internet retrictions. I might be able to help you out. I was able to bypass the Internet filters from my country. I've been looking for answers regarding internet restrictions wherein I can't open some sites. Untill my friend recommended me this http://www.sunvpn.com/. It really worked.