Forum Immigration Poland - Polska

Forum of expats in Immigration Poland - Polska: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Polish Citizenship Advice

Discussion in 'Immigration Poland - Polska' started by jubial, Feb 8, 2018.

1. jubial

jubial New Member

Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    Polski
    Hi! I'm trying to get my Polish Citizenship and Passport and was looking for some lawyer recommendations that are not scams. :/ Not sure where to look or how to see if someone is legit. Any advice? Does anyone know the cost of these services or if my case is simple enough to do on my own?

My entire mother's side of the family is Polish and most of my relatives still live over there. We have a copy of my mother's old Polish passport, but would they still consider it if she renounced her citizenship? (She renounced in the late 1970's). My grandmother also renounced her citizenship, but neither my late uncle nor Grandfather renounced theirs and had Polish Citizenship up until they died. (We lost their passports though so are still looking for those.)

Do you think mother's old passport is enough to prove it?

Also, all my aunts, cousins, great aunts, etc. still live in Poland. I also speak and understand Polish.

Just curious if my case looks pretty simple enough for me to try on my own or should I still go through a lawyer? Would I be charged a lower rate since they wouldn't have to dig for records proving my heritage?

Thank you!

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    There are a few recommendations on this forum (where I moved your message).

Regarding the old passport, I assume it should be good enough (and the Polish Citizenship service will tell you if they require other documents). I know a case (for a British Nationality) where the old passport was accepted to prove a link.

Best of luck and let us know what happens :thumbup:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...