Forum Immigration Canada

Forum of expats in Immigration Canada: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Please Some Help About Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Immigration Canada' started by rom87, Aug 3, 2010.

1. rom87

rom87 New Member

City:
    sh
    Living In:
    China
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    francais anglais japonais espagnol
    Hi, please give me somes informations ...
    I and my boyfriend are from different nationalities, he is chinese and im french.
    We are living together in china for some times now. We really enjoy each minutes spending together and i want to say we are both young and wealthy there is no question here of money or fake marriage. I guess we are really in love and i think to myself im lucky to have find the perfect guy. Im 22 years old and we would like to get married in canada.
    Is it possible?
    My boyfriend studied a lot and have experiences and speaks french english spanish and chinese perfectly so i have no doubt he will find a job in canada.
    So the story is : if we move to canada and he finds a job there then the company will provide him visa right? So there is not much problem for him to stay in canada ?
    For myself as a french can i join a school there and apply for a visa?
    Relieved of visa problem can we get married in canada ?
    What rights will we have once we are married ?
    Sorry for my messy english ...

Thanks to you for helping out !
    Bye

2. flyingpigs

flyingpigs New Member

Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    Chinese, English
    Hi rom87,

first off, gay marriages are legal in canada. So yes, you can marry your bf here.

Second, finding a job in canada isn't as easy as you might think. There are lots of skilled immigrants here working survival jobs: security guards, janitors, sales reps, no less.
    Companies are reluctant to sponsor foreign workers to work here, unless the latter are highly skilled or no canadians want to take the job - construction work, live-in care-takers. So i'm not sure if your bf can get a working visa. For more info, please go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.asp.

Third, you can definitely apply for a study visa as long as you can afford the international student fees and the living expenses. Http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/index.asp.

Forth, you don't have to be a resident of canada to get married here, but you need 2 witnesses. You're entitled to the same rights as heterosexuals.
    Http://marriage.about.com/cs/marriageli ... canada.htm

last, your written english is better than many recent immigrants' here. So i don't think language would be a barrier to you.

Here's an article on how people who self-identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgendered (lgbt) are treated in a canadian firm.
    Http://www.canadianimmigrant.ca/microsi ... ticle/1205

if you want to know more about the lives of immigrants in canada, check out this site:
    http://www.canadianimmigrant.ca/

hope it helps! Wish you and your bf all the best!

3. rom87

rom87 New Member

City:
    sh
    Living In:
    China
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    francais anglais japonais espagnol
    Thanks to you for all precious informations and links. Xiexie ni.
    I know moving overseas is never easy and even when you have jobs hisory and experiences its never easy. So we will think about it. By the way thanks for supporting my english hehe
    have a good day and you can be proudto be a canadian ! Country of freedom!
    Byebye my friend