Forum Thailand

Forum of expats in Thailand: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Life in Thailand

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by EasyExpat, Mar 19, 2010.

1. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hi,

You are living in Thailand, or you used to live in Thailand. How did you decide to move to Thailand?

Help the community and share your experience as an expatriate in Thailand. :idea:

Was it a difficult move? Was it complicated to find a job in Thailand? To find an accommodation in Thailand?

Did you have some visa/immigration issue to go to Thailand? Or maybe everything was organised by your company for professional move?

:arrow: You can share here the different steps of your move in Thailand. What would you recommend to people who would like to live in Thailand?

Thanks in advance for sharing and giving advice. :cool:

2. LeaMarco

LeaMarco Member

City:
    Marseille
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    Hello,

I have lived a few months in Thailand and it was an amzing experience!!
    Finding an intnership is quite easy when you already are in Thailand, however you have to be careful with your visa, it is not easy to get a ED visa.

COncerning leaving in Thailand, it is very easy as an expatriate, you have plenty of things to do! However, very few people living in Thailand speak English, it is quite difficult to be close to local people.

To get a commodity, I think it is quite mandatory to choose when you already are in Thailand because there is amazing places but also swindles, just be careful.

Thailand is a beautiful country, enjoy your stay!!

3. BenjamiCar

BenjamiCar Member

City:
    Prague
    Living In:
    Czech Republic
    Nationality:
    Italian (IT)
    Languages:
    English, Italian, French
    I confirm what leaMarco said... most of thai people have quite a poor english, making it hard to meet locals out there.
    This is why you will probably end up hanging out with expats only.

That being said, I personally enjoy myself a lot in this beautiful country. The adaptation was quite easy though, as people are in general really friendly, you can find good and healthy food, you can spend your week-ends on beautiful islands, etc.

Just be prepared for extreme heat, pollution, and temptations ahah.

Enjoy yourself, have a good one