Forum Immigration Canada

Forum of expats in Immigration Canada: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Is it a difficult process to sponsor a friend to Canada?

Discussion in 'Immigration Canada' started by Daniealle Campbell, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Daniealle Campbell

Daniealle Campbell New Member

Living In:
    Canada
    Nationality:
    Canadian (CA)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi,

I’m here to know how I can succeed in the application of sponsoring my close friend to visit Canada. My application was canceled two weeks before. I will provide the details below so that you will get a clear idea:
    1. My friend and his family are planning to visit Canada for spending their vacation time.
    2. When I asked him, he told that he desires to stay here for a month.
    3. I know that he has the financial resources required for the stay(will submit if needed)
    4. They are staying in the US.

Any more details required? Is it possible to apply with these details? Or what else should I need to succeed in this? Can I get your suggestions? If necessary I will provide the documents to ensure my financial stability.

I have heard that we should submit the following details:
    1.Letter of invitation.
    2.Family ties in the country of residence.
    3.Property ownership.
    4.Bank accounts.
    5.Details of previous travel to other countries.

Is it required to submit all the details listed above? Anything more to add to this? I would like to know your opinion about this. Can you provide sites which have the details(for referring)?

One of my friends in Toronto suggested me about the immigration appeals Toronto. I read about the different cases and the details. Is it good that I approach them? Sharing of your experience with them will also be highly appreciated. I would also like to know whether there are any renewed rules in IAD.
    Waiting for your suggestions and advice.

Thanks in advance