Forum China

Forum of expats in China: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Is China too expensive for travelers?

Discussion in 'China' started by sidneyyu, May 27, 2015.

1. sidneyyu

sidneyyu New Member

Living In:
    Italy
    Nationality:
    Indian (IN)
    Languages:
    english
    The survey released by the China Tourism Academy shows that most tourists in China complain about high-priced admissions charged by scenic spots. That’s why Chinese choose to travel overseas whenever there is a holiday. Actually, outbound trips are indeed cheaper than domestic ones. The admissions fees for the scenic spots abroad seem more reasonable. How do you feel about the fees charged at tourist spots?
    [​IMG]

2. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Hello,
    Are you talking about tourist spots in China or abroad? Surely the price of going abroad (plane, accommodation, food...) is much more expensive than the price of a tourist venue in the country...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JeccyYang

JeccyYang New Member

Living In:
    Australia
    Nationality:
    Australian (AU)
    Languages:
    english
    It is depends on what kind of tour you want to experience. As a international student study in China for my degree program, I can get discount travelling everywhere in China with my student's identity card. My friend always accompany me in travelling so that we can share accommodation fee, what is more, we always book hotel on internet , which is cheaper than checking in directly. For food, we always eat local snacks which charge reasonable price and delicious. So for me, I think travelling in China is not so expensive.

4. Anne123

Anne123 Member

City:
    Hoston
    Living In:
    Usa
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    The transportation and local snacks are cheap enough. The hotels are of different prices according to the service. Homestay is preferred.