Forum France

Forum of expats in France: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

☛ EN Advice Finding Accommodation in France

Discussion in 'France' started by texkourgan, Jun 20, 2013.

1. texkourgan

texkourgan Addicted member
    Networker Editor

City:
    Berlin
    Living In:
    Germany
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, a little Deutsch
    Hello and welcome to EasyExpat.com!

Finding a home in France is an important first step for an expat. Where can you find listings? How can you list your home?

You can post properties to rent (as well as exchange, holiday or short-term rental), sell, or share in our France classifieds. Search and post your property now!

Thank you for sharing your tips, questions and advice! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. PabloFR

PabloFR New Member

City:
    Paris
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    Spanish (ES)
    Languages:
    Spanish
    Obtaining a loan for a studio... with a non french job

Hi all,

could anyone tell me if it is possible to obtain a loan to buy a (small) studio in Paris if my salary is not french? Are some banks more receptive for this than others?

I want to buy with my wife (she does have a french salary), but I fear they will not count my income as valid to do their calculations :(

any help will be much appreciated.

thanks,

P.

3. Cyrilexpat

Cyrilexpat Administrator
    Staff Member Editor

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français, English, Italiano (un pó)
    Re: Obtaining a loan for a studio... with a non french job

It is a bit tricky indeed. However much easier than conditions for rental where the landlord/agency would like to have the possibility to enforce to guarantor to pay in case there is a default from the tenant, therefore bank account preferably in France.

Regarding a purchase, the bank will consider the amount of deposit. The bigger the deposit, the easier the conditions to apply. Banks used to deal with international clients will be more inclined to consider your situation. HSBC maybe, but probably also ING or BNP (they have agreements with foreign banks like Barclays I think) are some examples.

Best of luck and keep us informed on the progress. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Flatlooker

Flatlooker New Member

City:
    Paris
    Living In:
    France
    Nationality:
    French (FR)
    Languages:
    Français
    Hello texkourgan !

Your post is quite old but maybe this tip will be quite useful for others: I just launch the first French platform which enables you to visit and rent your flat 100% online. Having lived in 10 different cities myself within the last 10 years, I decided to build my own real estate start-up to make life easier for expats :)

The concept is quite simple: you can visit as many flats in 3D as you want on www.flatlooker.com and if you get a crush for an accommodation you can directly upload your files online and even sign your bail online.

Hope this might help some of you, we only work in Paris right now... But it's only the beginning !