Forum Immigration UK

Forum of expats in the Immigration UK: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Can I travel to UK when I am applying for EEA family permit?

Discussion in 'Immigration UK' started by kamiviolet, Oct 11, 2017.

1. kamiviolet

kamiviolet New Member

Living In:
    Hong Kong
    Nationality:
    Hong Kongese (HK)
    Languages:
    Chinese, English
    Thank you for allowing me to join the forum. This is my first post here and I would like to ask if anyone can solve my puzzle about the captioned.

More specifically, I am a Non-EEA citizen and was in the UK under Tier 5 previously. I met my fiance during that period of time and we cohabited and spend time almost 2 years together.

I left from UK earlier this year as my Tier 5 was about to expire and now I am in my homeland. We have engaged for 1 year and have given the notice to my local government that we will arrange our wedding next month, ie November 2017.

My fiance is working in the UK and he will come for the wedding for 2 months. We would like to kinda settle in the UK together after we get married.

I know that normally EEA family permit should be applied outside UK. However, may I ask if anyone here would possibly know whether I can travel to UK before I get the result of my application?

We are now so worried that this application may take ages to get done and we have been separated for some time already that we don't want to be apart for too long this time.

Thank you in advance!

≈===================

I am a BNO holder. may I ask if I can simply travel to uk then apply for EEA family permit so that I can stay with my husband? Thanks.