Forum Sydney

Forum of expats in Sydney: Ask questions and participate to discussions concerning expatriation.

Search the whole website

User's Charter  -  Help  -  Terms and Rules  -  Privacy Policy

✎ EN Accomodation in sydney

Discussion in 'Sydney' started by sydney, Nov 21, 2003.

1. sydney

sydney New Member

City:
    Brussels
    Hi ,

I'm planning to go to sydney in january 2004 for about 6 to 7 months follow a course. I'd like to find a furnished flat or shared accomodation (between 100 to 170 AUD per week).

Thanks

shyla

ps: if you have already been to australia, have you ever heard about the TAFE ,what do you think about it?

[%sig%]

2. EasyExpat

EasyExpat Administrator
    Staff Member

City:
    London
    Living In:
    United Kingdom
    Nationality:
    British (GB)
    Languages:
    English, Français
    TAFE means Technical And Further Education. It's a generic word and delivers a degree in several subjects (Engineering mainly).

Here is a guide of institutes in Sydney running TAFE courses : <http://www.studyinsydney.com/sydney-tafe.php>

Regarding your accommodation question, I can only encourage you to read the pages on Sydney/Accommodation and use the small ad section on Easy Expat.

[%sig%]

3. Oprahbeth

Oprahbeth New Member

City:
    America
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi,

Before going to country like Australia make advance booking for air ticket and accommodation. Last year i also visit there. I stayed there at Mt tamborine in a cottage . My experience was superb.

4. Oprahbeth

Oprahbeth New Member

City:
    America
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English
    Hi,

Sydney is one of the most beautiful Australian cities. Sydney has become one of the major travel destinations in Australia. If you are planning to browse the whole city then you must consult with a online marketing consultant. Last year i enjoyed the New party there. That was an unforgettable experience for me.

5. vhau

vhau New Member

Living In:
    Australia
    Nationality:
    American (US)
    Languages:
    English, French
    I am aware that this reply won't help you Shyla, put I'm gonna post it anyway, maybe it will be of help for someone else. If you cannot find a furnished flat/house to rent (which you love) for short term, you can still rent the flat/house of your dreams and rent the furniture as well. There are several furniture rental companies in Sydney, but the one that I used was Valiant (http://valiant.com.au/residential/relocation-furniture-hire/), they specialize in offering furniture for hire, regardless if you relocate for short or long term.